Saturday, July 2, 2016

Last Day of Work (Retirement)

WHERE ARE WE TODAY 
" The Ridge " Durham, On.

Since my last post I have retired, or to be more accurate, I worked my last day as the shipper/receiver for the Thames Valley District School Board. Technically I am on vacation until July 31st then on August 1st. I am officially retired.
I had a great last day with many co-workers stopping by to wish me all the best in our new adventures. 


One last item to go on the truck that day

Deb my boss and friend. Thanks Deb.

 In the pic above and below is Mary Kay, who works at the Ed Centre. She looks after all the special needs equipment. Mary Kay is one of those special people with a heart of gold. As all who came to say goodbye, she is very appreciative of all the help I gave her here at the warehouse in dealing with the equipment she needed sent out to schools for students with disabilities. She walked out the door in tears, I know she will miss me and I her.

My step daughter Bridgette 

Joanne from cataloguing.

Rebecca and Sarah, summer students from the Records Department

Kevin, Taylor & Christian, summer students from the Cataloguing Dept.

Dave from Big Box movers.

Daughters from London Charlotte and Jess.

Jeff, a high school teacher.

Mark who retired end of April and Dave from the Ed. Centre, retiring the next day

Kim, Paulina, Dawn from Community Use and Michele and Nancy from Facility Services

Victor & Casey from maintenance


These are only a few of those that stopped by, thank you to  all for making my last day so enjoyable. Your comments and appreciation let me know that I did my job well and I made a difference. I can leave this chapter of my life and head in to the next with anticipation and excitement for what lays ahead.

Thank you for taking the time to follow my last day of work. Until the next time, take care.

7 comments:

  1. You had a good run of employment there. Now on to the next chapter, enjoy you holidays so you can rest up for retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks George, now the kind of work I do is puttering, when I want and how long I want. Gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last day of work....always with mixed feelings. Best wishes for a new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Phyllis, yes mixed feelings for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have no idea how happy I am for you, I know it will help you to slow down and enjoy life even more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have many projects to do and I am anxious to get them out of the way, but I know you will keep me from going full throttle and take time to smell the fresh air. love you.

    ReplyDelete